Environmental Compliance Manager
Location: Multiple Sites
Oregon Cherry Growers, one of the top fruit packaging companies in the U.S., is seeking an Environmental Compliance Manager for three facilities in Oregon.
Stationed at our Production Facility in The Dalles, Oregon, this exempt-level manager will report to the Director of Environmental Health & Safety and will ensure compliance with environmental regulations and manage a formal environmental program at production facilities in both Salem and The Dalles, Oregon.
This position will advocate for a safe work environment for all employees, provide proactive solutions to alleviate environmental concerns and ensure full compliance with all applicable environmental rules and regulations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage year-round activated sludge waste water systems (NPDES permitted) at multiple production facilities.
- Implement and maintain environmental programs in accordance with all regulatory compliance and corporate or customer requirements.
- Administer all plant environmental training programs.
- Conduct environmental audits and assist in the development of programs for improving performance.
- Assist with all environmental planning and compliance for various engineering projects.
- Provide day-to-day support and engagement with site personnel in executing assigned environmental programs and projects.
- Lead, coordinate and provide ongoing development for the emergency response team.
- Provide training for all employees, visitors and contractors.
- Maintain EHS related documents and records.
- Liaison to Plant Manager’s for regulatory inspections.
- Manage two direct report employees as part of the waste water management system.
Required Experience, Skills & Competencies:
At least seven (7) years of experience in managing environmental processes, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of ORSHA, EPA and DEQ regulations.
- Experience with environmental regulations and system management, including but not limited to, SPCC, Hazardous Waste, PSM, RMP, SWPCP and waste water systems.
- Ability to lead and provide focus to others on environmental strategies, programs and procedures.
- Ability to work well with all levels within organization.
- Ability to flex work schedule based on company priorities.
- Safety or environmental qualifications such as OHST, CSP, QISP, certified waste water operator.
- Possess excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
A background in safety. This position will assist the company safety manager as required in compliance and training initiatives (PSM, RMP, plant safety and industrial hygiene).
Oregon Cherry Growers offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and a 401(k). In addition, Oregon Cherry Growers offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants including females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. EOE/AA.
Qualified candidates should click on the link below to apply for this position:
To Apply, Please Click Here.